
We got to hang out with Kevin/Lisa and crew. And see Dave/Gentry's new house. We also got to meet Sharon, who is very nice and compliments Larry very well. We wish them the best of luck in their dating, and I am so glad I am not having to date anyone anymore.
Marianne and Michael came down to St. George to check out Michael's grandparents condo that got smashed in by a semi truck. We met up with them for a little Bubble Tea, and so they could meet Charlotte. It was fun to spent a little bit of time with them. We really need to live closer to more family.The Wright clan went out to see the play Man of La Mancha and then went out to Red Lobster for a late dinner. I think the staff had wished they had told us they were closed already, because I think we were by far louder than a bunch of teenagers. Dad almost got scolded by the hostess for seeing how far he could 'frizbee' throw his coaster. The boys were about to follow suit but decided against it. We had lots of laughs while revisiting the past and old memories.
Sunday was freezing (we are big whimps now that we live in AZ). St George got about 2 inches of snow. Savannah was SO excited. She has been wanting to build a snowman for so long. When she saw it snowing, she kept bugging Kevin for a carrot for the snowmans nose and buttons for his eyes. So I got nominated by all the kids to come outside and build them a snowman. Savannah lastest long enough to watch us build the snowman, then she was cold and wanted to go inside. I agreed with her, since I didn't have gloves and only had on a sweatshirt and levis. I didn't miss much of the 'Big Game' while I was outside frockling in the snow, since the winter storm caused the satelite to go out. So while we all sat through the boring first half, we didn't get to see any of the 2nd good half because of weather. But we were in good company so we were okay with that.

Once all the snow melted and we had now acquired colds from the weather we headed back home on Monday. All was well with the trip until........I see the horrid red and blue lights in my mirror just outside of Kingman. So much for a radar detector. Doesn't do much good when the cop is behind you he is just keeping up speed with you. I should have pulled on the tears, which isn't too hard being post-partum, or even because I had made road-kill out of a cute little bunny only 15 miles back. But I held it together and got the ticket. He was a nice kid and lowered my 14 over ticket to 10 over. I also found out that in the state of AZ that 11 miles over is considered a criminal ticket, so I am Oh so grateful for him lowering it. That was our latest adventure. Tune in next time. ....



5 comments:
Velcome to zee vorld of blaaaahhhggg....as my friend would say. It is such a nice way to keep up on everyone's life. Plus, I figure, it double's as journaling. Too bad you had to endure Utah's cold weather while you were up.
So whats a blog????? Hey great weekend glad you came up. I think the your sisters husbands grandfather is going to come and live on our ward in his sisters Casita that we need to go help get built. Small world. What does blog stand for anyway?????
Not a clue what Blog actually stands for. As for what it is, it is basically like an online journal from what I understand. I can post just about anything, and people I invite can see what is going on in our lives.
I do go to a couple of public ones about coupons though. So you can make one for whatever you want to write about on the internet.
Blog is short for web log. It used to track the status of a website as it was being built. It still does, but now "blogs" are also fun!
Love yours, Kristine!!
I'm so glad you guys have a blog. As soon as we have high speed internet, we'll do one too. Thanks for inviting me to check it out. It sounds like things are going well at the House of Wright. Not too much to report from the Thurber house. But if you thought St. George was cold, don't come visit us. It's was below zero for 8 straight days. Stay in touch!
Post a Comment