Sunday, February 17, 2008

Inside the imagination of Savannah

It is Sunday and since we have church at 8am, that Sunday nap is a must. Savannah and I took a nap in my bed while Chad and Charlotte were downstairs. When we woke up I decided that we needed to make dinner. Since I was really hungry we had breakfast for dinner, plus it sounded really good too. While I was making the pancakes, Savannah said she had to go to work. She asked if she could wear her velvet beret to work. I said sure. She told me she has to look nice for work. She is wearing her regular clothes but has on a red velvet beret, a brown velvet jacket that goes with one of her church dresses and her red sparkle ‘Dorothy’ shoes. I told it was time for dinner and she was sad because she said she had to go to work. After dinner was done, she was very good and put her dishes in the sink, then said “Okay I have to go to work now.” She went over to the swing and gave Charlotte a kiss on the forehead and said, “See you later honey. Be a good girl.” She got on her tricycle and proceeded to go around and around the kitchen island on her way to work. Chad and I asked her where she worked. She said, “I don’t know.” So then we asked, “Who do you work for?” She says, “Aflac.” We both chuckled. But it gets better. She goes in the playroom gets her toy laptop and sits at her little table. She opens it up and hits all the buttons on it. Then gets her play phone and starts calling people. Listening to her conversation just cracks me up. She says, “I don’t know. I will have to call you back later.” Then she calls Daddy since we call him while he is at work. Daddy is watching the All-Star game so he didn’t hear that she is trying to call him. So I say “Hello Savannah …” She says, “No I have to talk to Daddy. That is who you call when you’re at work.” Oh the imagination of a three year old.

1 comment:

beth said...

That is so cute. I liked the commute especially.