Monday, February 25, 2008

Mesa Temple


On Saturday we went down to the temple. Since I am still nursing Charlotte we had to bring the baby sitter with us. We also went with some friends, so she picked up the babysitter and brought her along. We were in Scottsdale in the morning getting my awful haircut fixed a bit. While we were on the grounds, I was overwhelmed by the smell of flowers. Normally I would think that alyssum would smell awful, but mixed with the petunias made it smell like Spring. The tulips and daffodils were poking out of the ground, oh it was such a nice day. They were practicing for the Easter pageant on the front lawn, so listening in was a real treat. Savannah enjoyed trying to catch some oranges, lemons and grapefruit from the trees. She was hoping one would fall, then one of the nice sister missionaries told us we were welcome to pick them. She also liked showing everyone the strawberries and that there was one that was big and almost red. Savannah had a great time with the babysitter on the grounds. Chad went in to do a session since Justin was unable to come because of work. So when Preeti got there we went to do anishatories (I proabably totally spelled that wrong). That is only the second time I have done it since my own. It is nice to do that every once in a while to remember all the blessings I received when I did my own endowments. All in all it was a beautiful day, and Savannah even got a little sun on her cheeks. Savannah's favorite part was going to the Dairy Queen right next door and getting a little treat.

No comments: