
Okay so since a few of you asked how I got all the stuff for free, I will let ya know. It does take a bit of time and research. Plus it is really addicting. I know Stephanie and I feel like its a game. It is mainly pairing up store coupons with manufacture coupons and having the item on sale. CVS is great!! But for those of you in Utah, sorry CVS is not there yet. Anyway, I first found it while on babycenter.com while I was pregnant. There is an LDS board that all the people on there are some way or other related to the LDS church (one member families, investigators, etc). Anyway, there is a thread called 'Deals & Steals'. It is updated every week and the ladies give heads up on what things are on sale and where to go. Here is the link to the board I go to.
Babycenter
Also there is another blog that is MoneySavingMom and she gives lots of heads up too on deals.
To give you an example of what deals are out there right now.
Target does store coupons that you can print out. There is no limit on how many you can print. On the Target website they only list the current week coupons even though the ones from past weeks are still good and not expired. So you can print them off at afullcup It is also nice to print from here because it puts 5 on a page rather than one. So saves paper.
Target deals - currently there is a coupon for $.50 off of 2 Market Pantry cheese. Well they sell their string cheese for $.24, buy 2 = Free.
Target also clearances out a bunch of items all the time, so check the endcaps then you can add in a coupon and get things free or for pennies. Back in January a coupon came out for $2.25 off Electrasol dishwasher soap. Target had it on sale for $2.66, so I got it for $.41. You can also buy coupons online so I bought 20 more for $.10 a piece, so I have about a 2 yr supply of dishwasher soap, for under $10.
Walgreens - they have the Easy Saver coupons. There are a little booklet located right by the weekly ads. There are all sorts of store coupons in there.
Places that you can print off coupons online.
Target coupons - Target coupons - unlimited printing
The rest you can only print 2 per computer.
coupons.com
Boodle
Smartsource - This one you may need to print through firefox, I have to.
To buy coupons online:
Couponclippers
Couponmaster
But one good place is to get the Sunday paper and clip coupons. I click almost everything, even if it is something I probably wouldn't buy. But if it came on sale and combined with things I could get it for free, might as well. Many grocery stores double coupons too, up to $1.00.
Anyway, there is my deals in a nut shell. It is so great to save money. We hardly spend any money on groceries anymore, other than milk, veggies and such. It has really helped to build up my food storage. Oh how I miss my basement to be able to store things. My bookshelves in my office have been taken over with food. Hope you enjoy the 'thrill' of saving money like I have.
Babycenter
Also there is another blog that is MoneySavingMom and she gives lots of heads up too on deals.
To give you an example of what deals are out there right now.
Target does store coupons that you can print out. There is no limit on how many you can print. On the Target website they only list the current week coupons even though the ones from past weeks are still good and not expired. So you can print them off at afullcup It is also nice to print from here because it puts 5 on a page rather than one. So saves paper.
Target deals - currently there is a coupon for $.50 off of 2 Market Pantry cheese. Well they sell their string cheese for $.24, buy 2 = Free.
Target also clearances out a bunch of items all the time, so check the endcaps then you can add in a coupon and get things free or for pennies. Back in January a coupon came out for $2.25 off Electrasol dishwasher soap. Target had it on sale for $2.66, so I got it for $.41. You can also buy coupons online so I bought 20 more for $.10 a piece, so I have about a 2 yr supply of dishwasher soap, for under $10.
Walgreens - they have the Easy Saver coupons. There are a little booklet located right by the weekly ads. There are all sorts of store coupons in there.
Places that you can print off coupons online.
Target coupons - Target coupons - unlimited printing
The rest you can only print 2 per computer.
coupons.com
Boodle
Smartsource - This one you may need to print through firefox, I have to.
To buy coupons online:
Couponclippers
Couponmaster
But one good place is to get the Sunday paper and clip coupons. I click almost everything, even if it is something I probably wouldn't buy. But if it came on sale and combined with things I could get it for free, might as well. Many grocery stores double coupons too, up to $1.00.
Anyway, there is my deals in a nut shell. It is so great to save money. We hardly spend any money on groceries anymore, other than milk, veggies and such. It has really helped to build up my food storage. Oh how I miss my basement to be able to store things. My bookshelves in my office have been taken over with food. Hope you enjoy the 'thrill' of saving money like I have.



4 comments:
Oh man! I am so not that ambitious. I thought you were gonna just email me all the awesome coupons! ;) Just kidding! I'd like to give it a try - thanks for posting the info!
It may be a bit overwhelming at first but it is worth it in the end. February is almost over and I have only spent $100 on groceries this month. Before I started doing this, I was spending $300. If you can get things at a bargin price or free all you are getting is your fresh stuff. But you do have to budget in how much you will spend on deals each month, otherwise it is not really helping with saving money.
so, how do you know which/when stores will double coupons?
Down here most all grocery stores double coupons all the time. The Albertsons by me doesn't but Stephanie's does. The easiest way is to call them and ask. Call Albertsons, Smiths (Kroger), Harmons whatever and ask if they double. If they don't ask if they ever have certain periods that they do. Like my Albertsons did the whole month of December.
Also they double all coupons up to $1.00. If it is for $.20 they will give you an additional $.20. If it is for $.60 they will give you $.40 making it up to the $1.00.~clear as mud?
Post a Comment