I can't believe Savannah is already seven years old. One more year and she will get baptized. Wow. Oh and she can get her ears pierced and have gum. (I know I am a mean mom not to have ever let her have gum, but she is good and always gives it to me) Since it became May she was counting down the days until her birthday. She was so excited when she woke up yesterday morning. She had even picked out her dress to wear to church the night before so we wouldn't be late. She got to pick a candy bar out in Primary.When we got home from church, sadly she had to do a few chores she didn't do before. Like make her bed and pick up her room. After that was done she was antsy to when we would be able to open presents. I let her pick out what she wanted for dinner and she picked pizza, grapes, carrots and Sprite. Since it was Sunday we did ho memade pizza and she could pick the toppings.
About a week ago I asked her what type of cake she wanted for her birthday. She told me a horse cake. I was thinking more like chocolate, white, carrot. She said, "Oh (very disappointed), I'll have a chocolate cake". Well as I was out and about on Friday I came across a horse cake mold, so she got her wish. (So if anyone needs a horse cake, I got a pan) Daddy baked it for me Friday night and I got to decorate it. Other than the black frosting tasting weird it was all good.

I made sure the kids got the pieces with the black frosting
On the odd years we just do small family birthdays, or one extra family. We invited over cousin Michelle & Peter, and the Warmoth family. She enjoyed getting some horses from grandma and MONEY. (she was so excited about the money and was adamant that Dad does not put it in the bank), some of the beads that you melt together to create stuff (can't remember the name), silly erasers, scrapebook kit, kit to make little critters, slippers, horse calendar & nail polish. She has a few more on their way, but mom was too slow to get them here. She'll get some Roper boots and a Pascal bag from Rapunzel. So the birthday fun will last a bit longer. :)It was a great day. She enjoyed playing with her new stuff. Thanks to those that came to make it special for her.









2 comments:
Yep, the time sure does fly when you have kids!
Happy Birthday Savannah! The cake looks like a pro decorated it! ☺
I'm also a mean mom in some ways. Hannah had to wait until she was 8 to get her ears pierced. I'm surprised you've held out this long on gum! My kids can have it but I'm a sugar nazi and they have to ask before having sugar, even if it's theirs.
happy birthday to a beautiful gal!
love the cake!
.... I miss you :(
Post a Comment