Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter

Well the Easter Bunny found our house once again this year, although he didn't carry as much candy as years past. He did find some great things (at fantastically clearanced prices) to add and put to use instead.


The girls had a great time hunting for their baskets, on top of the hutch cabinet in the playroom (that bunny can jump) and under the sink in the bathroom.



They also had a blast hunting for all the eggs they colored with the Warmoths in the backyard. I forgot my camera so no pictures of the actual dying of eggs.



Again I neglected to take a picture of their adorably cute dresses that Grandma sent, but that's okay.

Easter has always been a holiday I have loved. As a kid we would always head down to St. George and stay with the Cieslewicz's. Between their 7 kids, our 4 kids and the occasional friend someone brought down it was a house full. But it made it so much fun. The part that I loved (and still do) the most is dying the eggs. We would usually end up dying quite a few flats of eggs and the number was usually around 250 at a minimum. With all these eggs they of course needed to be hidden. Paul, the dad, would hide all of them. He would even take into account if Maggie, the dalmatian had gotten any. He even hid some on the roof one year. Even when I was in high school he still hid the eggs. It was a lot of fun. Mymom the Easter Bunny thought I loved to hunt for my basket and I was always the last to find mine.

I also love the real meaning behind Easter. The past few years the sacrifices He has made for me and my family have really hit home. I know the Atonement is real and I have used it in my life. I have seen it truly at work, as a loved one was lost, found, forgiven and brought back to the fold. I am so thankful for our Savior and am grateful for his atoning sacrifice He made for all of us.

No comments: