Thursday, October 22, 2009

Polly Pocket Surgery

You would think that I have boys that like to torture their sisters by pulling limbs off their dolls ... Sadly, no it would just be how rough my toddler plays with her Polly Pockets. I should have taken a picture of the crime scene and the horror that was laid out on the floor. But I was quickly trying to revive the victims as quickly as possible. Wouldn't want a leg to go missing or put the wrong hair on the wrong gal. Talk about a permanent bad hair day or at least until 'Charlie' strikes again. I thought it best to start with the victim who had the most life threatening injuries, after all I wanted them ALL to survive. Unfortunately she had both of her legs amputated and was also beheaded. It was going to take some work. As I was preparing my instruments for surgery, I noted the time, and as luck should have it I had to run to carpool. I quickly wrangled the suspect and put her restrictive bindings on her that would harness her from doing more damage to my patients. I also forced her to watch a movie in which two of the victims (twins) starred in. Ariel. I raced to the school, so that I could wait in line for 10 minutes before class was released. I then attempted the impossible. The patient was unresponsive and I was not able to save her legs. She would have needed a total pelvis replacement in order to keep those legs in place. As I started to try to re-position her head, I thought her life just might not be the same without legs. Kind of hard to look good in those plastic pants and skirts without legs, so I was sure she probably was already in a happier place. On to my next three patients. The second was one of the twins. She too had been decapitated, but still had her legs. I was surprised that my instruments worked so well with the delicate work that was taking place. She was finally able to turn not only 'Eric's ' head but her own as well. The remaining two were not so much of a life threatening ailment as just being a fashion disaster. Both had been scalped. After finding just the right tool to unplug my adhesive agent, I was able to get them stylish again. I thought I had done a pretty good job. I only lost one of the four. I hope they will enjoy a long life, but I cannot keep their attacked in restraints all the time. I can only hope for the best. ...


Its late I know. :)

4 comments:

beth said...

You are so creative! Love your short stories. :) Good job with the surgery.

Rachel and Jared Lautenschlager said...

Ha ha, that was funny Kristine! I miss you guys! On the topic of polly pocket surgeries, we've never had it that bad, but I have been known to magically restore full heads of hair several times...Ariel for some reason is always the victim. Those redheads... ;)

Rachel and Jared Lautenschlager said...

Oh Kristine, I think I remember seeing a while ago that you had started a separate blog for good deals etc...do you still keep up on that, and if so, can I get the url?

Chels said...

You're a funny mommy! Better get Charlie some Tonka trucks for Christmas!?!