Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day and China

I hope all the Mothers out there had a fantastic day!! Mine was one that will go down in the Mothers Day hall of fame. Let me recap. Since I am in TX with Steph's kids, they made me scrambled eggs and toast. Garrett even had a neighbor run him to the store Saturday night and got me some flowers. It was really sweet. They all made me a card. We had church at 1pm, and we got all 7 kids ready and we were out the door. Since we only got there 10 minutes early we had to sit in the chairs, which was okay. All kids were so polite, even Jake the 2 y/o sat there with his arms folded. After the sacrament, I noticed that Charlotte had blown out her diaper. Savy said she had to go potty so the 3 of us ran to the bathroom. I got the girls are cleaned up, and went back into sacrament. I sit down and Carsen (5 y/o) had his arms inside his shirt and had an awful look on his face. I ask if he is okay, he says yes then totally upchucks all his mac n cheese he had for lunch. I was holding Charlotte so I reached out with one had an caught some of it in my hand. Now if we had gotten there when Steph usually does at 12:30 to get a bench he would have upchucked on the whole row ini front of us. I am grateful for only getting there 10 minutes early. I set Charlotte on the seat and told Garrett to hold her while I took Carsen out and to the bathroom. I had him sit in one of the stalls and told him to stay there and I was going to go clean up the mess. Luckily one of the sisters offered to help. Everyone else just looked at me like 'Glad its not my kid'. Given they may not know me but they sure know who the kids are. I was pretty bugged. We got everything cleaned up and I took the girls and Carsen home. A few ladies said they would get the other kids home. So I stopped at CVS which is right by the church and got some gatorade. The CVS is about a block away not inside the church like 'the great and spacious building' (as Steph calls it), that church also has a McD's in it too. We get home, and Carsen says he is fine. Why did he have to come home. I put on a movie for him in the game room and gave him a puke bucket. Not 10 minutes after that, it hit me. I have never thrown up so hard that it came out my nose. Yuck I know. So I hung on the couch most of the day, trying to keep liquids inside my body. If I moved it came out one way or the other. I was pretty miserale most of the day, but the kids were great. Charlotte slept a lot but for the couple hours she was up when the kids got home from church, they took care of her and made her happy until I could function a bit. Garrett made pizza for dinner since my original plan of salmon was just not going to fly today. Just wanted to say how lucky I am to have such great nephews and niece.

China
Not sure if any of you heard there was a 7.8 earthquake in central China Monday afternoon. Steph and Trent are in Shanghai right now and I have not been able to get a hold of them yet to see how they are. From what I have heard they felt after shocks there. I have sent IM's and Text messages to Trent to see how they are. I am a little worried since I have yet to hear back from them. I know that Trent was working today and Steph was out shopping with a friend from Mexico. I hope they are alright, but if you could all say a small prayer that they are okay that would be great. I will let you know when I hear from them.

4 comments:

beth said...

I just have to say that I would have been one of those who did NOT offer to help. I'm pretty sure I can only handle puke when I am the one who HAS to clean it up. Blech!!

Sorry you also got it. What a crazy mothers day. but it was sweet how the kids were so good to you.

I've missed time for sure. how old is garrett now that he can make pizza for dinner?

Kristine said...

Garrett is 13. He just put the pizza's in the oven, and cut them up to serve to the kids.

Kerrilyn said...

First of all, let me say, as soon as you know about Trent and Steph let us know. When I heard on the news this morning I was worried about them wondering if they were home already. I hope all is okay and I am sure the phone lines are down or jammed. Let us know what you hear.
Second, I know how you feel about being sick, I got sick on Thursday so suddenly and then by Saturday night I was feeling better, also, sudddenly. Very weird. You are a trooper, good job on trying to catch the puke in one hand while holding a baby in the other. You do deserve a medal. Also, very sweet of Garret to get you flowers and such, that is awesome.
Let us know about Steph.

Amy S. said...

Hey girl! Sorry if this posts twice. The first time I tried it gave me an error message.
I love your cute blog! Sorry you had a pukey Mother's Day, though.
And your kids are adorable!