Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Too Many Bodies in the Shower

There's too many people in this tub
Too many elbows to scrub.
I washed a behind,
That I'm sure wasn't mine...
There's too many people in this tub.
Shel Silverstein

So yesteday Savannah, Chase (7½), Carsen (5), and Jake (2½) were outside playing. It had rained earlier plus they had the hose on. They happened to find the only part of the yard with dirt, and began to dig. As I call them in for dinner, I hear 'We wound a worm'. Well of course you are going to find a worm if you dig after it rains. Jake was the happiest to see it. He is the funniest kid. Everything he says is about 10 times faster than how a normal person speaks. So Jake tells me he found a worm. But says it so quickly he kind of drops the 'r'. We were not doing anything spectacular for dinner since Whiney Wendell aka Carsen seems to have a corrinary with almost everything. And since I am a mean aunt and don't host a diner whats for dinner is for dinner. So I asked Carsen what he would eat. He said he wanted cream of wheat. Cream of Wheat it is then. Anyway, the mud ridden children come in and I get them to wash their hands to eat. Once they are done I sent them to get into the shower. Since Charlotte is asleep in Stephs' room the master huge shower is off limits. Savannah desperately wanted to get in the shower with the boys. But call me old fashion when they are getting a little older like Chase I say nope. So they decide all 3 boys are going to get in the regular tub/shower. Boy was that a riot. They wanted to take a shower but still wanted the luxuries of a tub with the toys, all the while trying to do their own thing. Jake had finally had enough and escaped out the back. So then Savannah got into the big shower since Charlotte had woken up. So she is in the shower, which is her new favorite thing to do since her cousins do it. It takes forever for me to get it to her 'perfect' temperature. When she is finally all clean in her standards and I turn off the water, she tells me. "Mom my brain sure is hot." I asked, "Your brain for your head?", She says "My brain, Mom!' As in duh. It just cracks me up the things she says.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is so cute! You're not a mean aunt, you're nice...I'm one of those, 'you get what you get and you don't throw a fit' types. Savannah sounds so funny!