Tuesday, March 4, 2008

First Gray Hair!!

So here I am minding my own business, running the brush through the hair. And out of no where I see an extra shiney hair. I think, 'No it can't be, can it?' I pull it out to get a closer look at the little hair that is a lot shorter than the rest. And sure enough it is a gray hair. Aaaahhhh, I can't believe it she is not even 4 yet!! Yup you guessed it I pulled out Savannah's first silver gray hair. It was only about 3-4 inches long, but pure silver. But I have to admit it was a healthy hair, all shimmery and shiney. Hopefully that is the end of that, but unfortunately I bet it is not. Since I have yet to find a gray hair on my own head. Mine keep going darker and darker red, and they will not dye. I have tried and tried, but those stubborn red ones still remain. If only we could trade places. She can keep the red, since she is a red head anyway, and I will take the silver ones. Then it will make my hair look blonder again. If only...

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

How funny! You aren't supposed to pull them out, old wives tale says you grow two in it's place. I haven't found that to be true, since i have found a couple and yanked them promptly. They were on my head of course....guess I'm just getting old.

Hope things are going well with Charlotte. Aiden is HUGE...but starting to sleep longer, which is NICE!

beth said...

Wow hopefully she won't go gray very early! But at least it's totally acceptable for women to dye their hair. I've never heard of dying a child's hair though. :) Joe has lots of gray so maybe our kids will get gray hairs too.

Mike said...

Funny to find it in Savy's hair! Probably just a fluke.

Kim said...

How did you enjoy that glorious moment? I'm sure it was fabulous. I'd like to send some sympathy your way, but I now color my hair becuase I have to, not just because I want to. It totally sucks! At least you can pluck your ONE grey hair!!!!!LOL

Kristine said...

I would welcome any gray since it will make me look blonder, but I don't think Savannah would want anymore. :)