Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

So this will probably be a long post. This is our Easter festivities. It started Saturday night, when we finally got around to dyeing eggs. Savannah had fun plopping them in the cups. Chad about had a coronary every time she dropped one it. But I had to keep reminding him, they are just eggs and she is only 3. There was one that did get cracked in the dyeing process but that was mine. Trying out a new technique. It didn't work too well. Charlotte got to watch the big kids color eggs and Daddy gave her a little rasberry on her cheek. Oh she does not like those. You can see the many stages of her pouty lip then cry then back with the lip. It is too funny. I know we are torturing our child. Savannah got her eggs colored then went off to bed. But not without hesitation. You know the drill, I need to go potty, I didn't get my vitamins, I need a drink of water. But enough is enough, we have to get up at 6 to start to get ready for church the next morning.














Easter arrives, yeah!!! Ugghh, it is 6 am and I am dragging myself out of bed to feed Charlotte then try to start to get myself ready since Chad will get Savannah up soon and I have to do her hair too. As much as I want Charlotte's hair to grow right now I am okay that I don't have somone elses hair to do Sunday morning. We are off to church at 7:30 and make it right on time. That is a large feet for us these days. This 8am church is killing us. Anyway, Savannah had fun in Primary and every week we ask her 'What did you learn in Primary?' Her response is always 'I don't know.' Then she says we got eggs and there was a thorny tree, a nail, a red cloth all things about Jesus. I guess she didn't realize those are the things she learned.



We got home and I wanted to walk down to our neighborhood park and take a few pics of the girls in their Easter dresses. So I started taking some of just Savannah. She is a little whiney since it is lunch time, and she got yanked out of bed early. So I finally get her to smile a bit. Then we have her hold Charlotte so we can have some with the girls together. Savannah doesn't really like to hold Charlotte. So she 'lightly' holds her. Then she moves one of her arms so Charlotte rolls to the rock and her head is smashed against it. Chad grabs Charlotte (daddy should have been right there in arms reach so it didn't happen to begin with), gives Savannah a big flick in the head. So now they are both crying and I wanted to do a family shot as well. So I calm down Savannah so we can take a couple more pictures. Get her legs situated again so she isn't flashing the camera, and I set the timer. I do a couple but you know that kids don't quite understand the timer concept. I wanted to take like 2 or 3 more just to make sure we had a good one. But oh no, grumpy dad has to thats it we are going home. So I was onery basically the rest of the day.


We got home and the girls and Chad took a nap while I was grumpy in the kitchen making dinner. When they girls woke up we went for a walk. It was good for me. It boosted my spirits again and helped me to focus on the day and why we celebrate Easter. As much as I would have liked to keep strolling through the neighborhood, it was getting hot and the girls faces were getting red because of the heat. I believe it was 85 or so yesterday. We got home and I let Savannah find her basket. I had hid the eggs we dyed right before we went down for pictures but since daddy said she had to do straight to bed, I didn't want them sitting out for hours so I put them away. Needless to say I never did rehide them. Savannah was happy with all her stuff inside it. We were pretty skimpy with the candy this year because I didn't want to be the one eating it. So I thought I would put more useful things in there. New swimsuit, Heigh-ho Cherry-O, bubbles, chalk, Enchanted, coloring book, book about the temple. You know the regular Easter basket stuff with a little extra. Charlotte was excited about the little floor mat toy thing and her bunny that shakes. All in all, at the end of the day it was good. It started a little rough and was bummed that I had a chip on my shoulder for most of the day. Now what to do with all this ham???

6 comments:

Mike said...

Your girls are adorable. I love Savy's hair all curly! The pictures where Charlie is crying make me see a little Chad in her (maybe its just the grumpiness:)
I think your family picture turned out cute and I love your hair cut!...are you getting used to it now that its grown out a bit?
Happy Easter!

p.s. thanks for the help with my blog

Kristine said...

My hair is not actually that short yet. The part that I flip out the back which just doesn't fit the top short part was clipped up in a clippy. But I think I will just cut the back off and make it a total A-line cut and have it shaved up the back. Might as well make lemonade with the lemon haircut I got, right?

beth said...

I agree that those pics of Charlotte look like Chad but also the first one really looks like Savy, who I think looks like your side...
Anyway sounds like it turned out to be a good day. Glad you ended up with a great family picture!

Kerrilyn said...

Sorry your day didn't start off too hot. It's a real bummer when things don't turn out the way you had planned. I hate that more than anything. The girls are darling.

Chelsea said...

Awww, sounds like a nice Easter! How are things otherwise?

Melissa said...

Cute, cute kids! It's okay, sometimes holidays go that way. your pics are cute, so I'm sure you won't remember being grumpy for years to come :) You look so great, I can't believe you have a tiny baby!