Friday, March 21, 2008

Phoenix Zoo


We decided to buy a zoo pass to the Phoenix Zoo. We went last week for a few hours and did half of the zoo then went back yesterday and did the other half. It is so nice to be able to go and not feel like we have to rush-rush to see all the animals in one trip. We usually split up the zoo and do half one time then the other side the next. But there are still a few things we haven't seen since having the pass, like the Arizona exhibits. Savannah is not too keen on looking at the snakes and spiders. They also have sharks and sting rays there until the end of April so we will have to head back to do those parts too. Savannah had fun both times. We brought along some friends both times. The first time we went Preeti and Sophie came too. We brought along our lunch and we were off. The last time before this we were there in the summer and all the animals were sleeping or trying to find shade because of the heat. It was nice to actually go and 'see' the animals since they were out and about. Savannah loved seeing the giraffes and lions. Charlotte was happy and content in her little snuggly.


The second time I did not expect to be heading to the zoo. I totally forgot about a bill that was due yesterday, so I had to run the payment in downtown. I figured since I was already heading downtown, I would only be about 10 miles away from the zoo. Might as well go kill the rest of the afternoon there. So we called Christine, Semanee and Ella Shay to come with us. I had brought my bike trailer/stroller so then I could just have the bigger girls in there but I forgot to put the handle bar in the trunk. So I had to rent one. Which was good. When Charlotte was sick of the snuggly I set her on the top canapy for a little while. She loved being about to stretch out in the sun. The girls had fun. Savannah wanted to see the panda bear. I thought there was one at the zoo but it was an Andean Bear. So she was a little bummed. The girls were being girls and argued on who got to push the buttons to tell about the animals. Then it was 'I want to sit on the frog first'. So other than the few emotional outbursts we all had fun. What made it really fun is that I thought of the brilliant idea for Christine and I to be on roller blades. Man are my legs outta shape! It was pretty comical I'm sure for anyone that watched us. We were on our way out of the zoo (we had taken our blades off by this time), and on the bridge. For those that have not been to the Phx Zoo, there is a little lake at the entrance. So you have to walk across a bridge to get into the zoo. Anyway, on our way out the girls were looking at all the fish and turtles in the water. Savannah went to go from the rail around the stroller to be by me on the other side. Well when she popped out from the stroller she literally got ran over by a bike! The lady was not going all that fast, but still in my mind she should have been walking her bike since the zoo was now closed and there were a lot of people on that bridge. Savannah was okay, but it really scared her. The lady kept saying, 'She just ran out in front of me.' I'm all yeah; yeah she is fine just leave. I think if she would have stuck around longer I would have flipped out. It was kind of funny to be wiping off tire prints off her leg and arm in the car. She got a few scratches out of it but nothing that broke the skin. Needless to say I will be talking with the Zoo next time I am there to suggest a sign on the bridge saying to walk your bikes.

1 comment:

beth said...

Hey - I got ran over by a bike once, too! It was very traumatic - at least I still remember that I cried a lot, but that it didn't really hurt.

Looks like you've been having so much fun! I'm looking forward to the warm weather coming so we can all go out and play too!