While Charlie was taking a nap I happened to flip through the channels and saw the tv show 'The Doctors'. It was all about Breast that day. I was a little intrigued so I tuned in. Since I have one more year left before I start sqwishing my breast like pancakes for an annual mammogram I was interested to hear about this new technology. You see I have a past family history of breast cancer, my mother is a survivor & my maternal grandmother had a mastectomy, so I get to start at 30. I do feel very bad for my girls since they are going to get hit from both Chad's side and mine. He lost his mother to breast cancer as well as his maternal grandmother.
Anyway, this is what they talked about. There is a new test called the HALO Breast Pap Test. It reminded me of a double breast pump. What is does is suction to your breast to see if you have any nipple aspiration fluid. If you do, that does not mean it is a bad thing. They will test it to see if you are at a higher risk for breast cancer. I think it sounds like a great test. 
They also had this cool light, called a Breastlight. To me it looks like a little ultrasound wand. You put it under your breast and then the light will go through your breast. You will be able to see the veins/tissue. It will help you be able to detect masses that might be questionable. It will show up as a dark spot. It is made in the UK and looks like something worthwhile. At least in my situation.
They also had this gal that was natuarally very well-endowed. She also loved to exercise, but had a lot of pain afterwards. She wore 2 sports bras while she exerciesed to help reduce bounce. I have a few nieces that have to do the same thing. They had her try this, I believe newly designed, sports bra. It reduced her up & down by 50%. And her side to side by 80%. Given I do not have this problem as well, I know there are those that do. It is the Natori Sports Bra. This site will give you free shipping, but I believe they sell it at Nordstroms too for $48.
I know this is an odd post but I thought it was pretty interesting so I thought I would share.



No comments:
Post a Comment