So I really need to keep up on this a bit more so I am not ALWAYS playing catch up. We are hoping to get our computer fixed soon so this will not be a problem. I hate getting half way through then it freezes and I have to reboot. Anyway ... without further delay, a little of what has been happening at the Wright's ....
Field Trip to the Tramonto Fire Station
Savannah and her preschool class had their first field trip to the fire station. They were so excited. They got a tour of the fire house, (kitchen/bedrooms) but were excited about seeing the big fire truck. They all got a turn to climb up into the truck and try on a firehat. I think they all had a great time. Parents were welcome to tag along too. I almost think their were more parents/grandparents than kids. Oh well, the more the merrier right? I didn't get too many pictures because as luck would have it my battery was almost dead on the camera. I had to take a picture then turn it off. Guess I should have listened to myself when I said I probably need to charge the battery the night before.




Happy First Birthday Charlotte
I can't believe my baby is already one. Man it went by so fast. I would post back pictures of her making her grand entrance into the world but others don't find those pics as cool as I do. They are below in the slide show if you want to see them. Charlotte is so much fun to have around. We can't imagine life without her. She is such a joy. I think she is one of the happiest babies ever, (unless we are having pics taken by someone else, then of course she is grumpy). She is even smiley and happy when she has nasty ear infections. Its a good thing they come up a fever or I would have no idea. She loves her big Sister Savannah and also loves to push her buttons. She loves daddy and loves to say it all day long. I love hearing her talk but wish 'mama' would come out a little more often then it does. She is not quite walking yet, but I'm sure over the next couple of weeks she will have it down. We had a few of our good friends over and of course Uncle Todd and the girls to come celebrate with us. I think her favorite gift was the xylophone. (Thanks Pretti!) She plays with it everyday and is so excited when she actually hits it to make a sound. I think all the kids enjoyed her legos that she got. And she enjoyed knocking down all the creations they made. Thanks to Preeti for taking all the pics for us during her little party.





The Polar Express
We headed up to Williams, AZ to go on the Grand Canyon Railway's Polar Express. Savannah was so excited. Since the weather here in Phoenix isn't all that cold I actually had to buy her a new coat. The 3T one just wasn't working anymore. So her size 6 will work for the next 2-3 years and will probably only be worn about 5 times. We had the 8pm train and when we arrived around 7:15p it was 36 degrees out. We are such whimps now and freezing. On the train we enjoyed hot chocolate and cookies. Savannah even remembers that the elf gave the cookies and the chef gave her the hot chocolate. Charlotte was a little mad we were not giving her pieces of cookie quick enough. While heading 'north' we read the polar express. I should have brought our book along but I forgot. After going through the 'magic time warp' we arrived at the North Pole to see Santa with his reindeer outside waving. The train came to a stop and Santa climbing on board while the train reversed its engines. He came and talked to every child and gave them a bell. Savannah was a bit bashful and spoke very quietly to him and told him she wanted a digital camera. Charlotte was excited about the bell and became the town cryer and rang it wildly most of the ride back. To enjoy the rest of the journey back to the station we sang Christmas carols and Charlotte must have enjoyed all of our singing because she was soon fast asleep. When we got off the train we raced to the van since we are whimps, and it was now only 26 degrees. Thank heavens for seat warmers. We were hoping, especially Savannah, for a little snow up there like last year but it felt like winter with the weather. Next year we hope to go on Charlottes birthday and stay over night.
Chad was teasing Charlotte with a pretzel. He would pretend to eat it and instead of her grabbing it back with her hands she thought she needed to grab it with her teeth too. It quickly became a game as we waited to board the train.



I'm the Happiest Christmas Tree
Savannah was in a little dance class for the past couple of weeks. She loved going and it was great since her dance teachers house was just around the corner from Safeway. So I could drop her off and head to do grocery shopping while she danced, then I could come back and get her. She had her little dance recital the other Saturday and was so excited. She loves to dance and also sing. She had two classes and one danced to 'I want a Hippopotamos for Christmas' and she got to dance to 'I'm the Happiest Christmas Tree'. In between the dances they all sang Jingle Bells. Even though we practiced the words Savannah still made up her own and she sang it loud for all to hear. Thats okay though. Good job Savannah, we are so proud of you!


Savannah and her teacher Miss TaraTried to add video but it wouldn't load. I will try again later.
Meanwhile, in the back of the gym Charlotte was planting a couple of kisses on the bishops son. Or more so she was at the recieving end of things. It was really cute. I believe he about 16 months or so.





4 comments:
Such fun things going on! And you have an adorable little family. It's great to see all the fun pics.
Fun times! I love the dance pics. The girls are cute in the tutus and leotards!
Cute pics of the girls! I can't believe Charlotte is already a year old. It seems like just yesterday we were in Hawaii for Emily's wedding! Looks like you are having fun so far away, wish you were here so we could be included!
Love everything! You posted some great pics. I can't believe your little girl is already 1! Yes we are still on Big River:)
Post a Comment