Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Major Blogging Drought!

So sorry that I have not posted in FOREVER! Our computer is having issues. I am hoping I can get through these postes without that computer freezing. So there will be many posts on here to get us all caught up to date. So lets go back in time to Mid October, the 15-19th to be precise.


AFLAC National Convention in San Diego.


So again, Chad has been kicking butt in Aflac this year and we got to go on our first National Convention. It is a trip to just congratulate everyone for doing a bit above and beyond. It changes every year and next year it is in New York City. We really want to go to that one since neither Chad nor I have been there. They literally just wined and dined us. It was so much fun! Again another added bonus was that we had no kiddos. Although I think Grandma Carter needed a vacation from her vacation when she got done watching the girls for 5 days. We are sure thankful that she was able to come, and the girls had a lot of fun.



Out of our Hotel window.







So our first day at San Diego, we had a great lunch buffet and got to just hang out until dinner. Aflac rented out the entire USS Midway for the night. We had a great dinner with a live band. They had all the planes out on deck and we were able to do all the flight simulators for free. I felt like I was inside one of Chad's video games. One of the agents from AZ was actually stationed on the Midway for 3 months before he was put on the sister ship. He said he was actually blown off the ship once. He was standing on the wrong side of the plane and when it spun on the platform the jet engines blew him off. Luckily he was able to be picked up by the helicopter hook. Normally they don't come back after being blown off. They had several 'shells' of planes that you were able to sit in.




USS Midway
Group from AZ-West


Our next morning we had the Prayer Breakfast. One of the things I love about Aflac is that they are a very religious company. At every meal there is always a prayer. Someone is asked to say it and they are all from different religions, even here at the local level when we get together there is a prayer. I love that. Anyway, at our prayer breakfast Kurt Cameron spoke to us. At first I thought (very sarcastically), 'Oh goody Kurt Cameron, yawn.' But he was great. He spoke a lot about keeping the Lord in your life and the importance of marriage. He spoke a little about his new movie which sounds Awesome by the way. He also told us he vowed to only kiss his wife when they got married. That also applied to movies. So (sorry to spoil a bit) but in the movie towards the end apparently there is a kiss between his on screen wife and himself. So that he could keep his promise, his wife flew in put on a wig and the dress so he could still be kissing her. I thought that was so sweet.




We then had a day at Sea World. Chad and I had a lot of fun. We felt a little guilty about being at Sea World without the girls. We went on the water rapids ride (like Rattlesnake Rapids at Lagoon) and you go under a waterfall! We were sure it was going to shut off when we got close. NOPE! We were soaked through. My cell phone got soaked so it did not work. I had to blow dry it at the hotel when we got back. The park was all decorated for Halloween and the Otter show was so cute for the holiday. Clyde was dressed as a rapper with a chain around his neck. They also did a little skit about Scooby-Doo and Micheal Jacksons Thriller.





Little Thriller Video. Pretty funny!!



They also had an formal awards night. It was interested to see peoples version of formal. Some of the gals there looked like they should be on a street corner. Oh well.



We also had a concert the last night, by Earth Wind and Fire. It was a little older for us and not in our generation of things but they were good. There are a few songs they have that I know but they didn't play ANY of them. We danced around a bit then headed for the hot tub. All in all it was a great vacation.

Debbie my pretend Mom. We had a lot of people think we were mother/daughter.




BOO AT THE ZOO
For Halloween the zoo does Boo at the Zoo. Since we have a zoo pass we went. I tried to get a few pictures of the girls in their costumes before we left but Charlotte wanted nothing to do with it. We had fun running around the zoo in their costumes.



DYED HAIR
So on Sunday the 26th of October I got some weird crazy idea to dye my hair. I had oodles of dye at my house that I had got for free. So I dyed it brown. Oooooo .... I hated it. It did not go with my complexation and my eyebrows just seemed to stick out. Only one person said anything about it, and I ran into lots of people I know. So either they counldn't tell ( I thought it was drastically different; refer to pics from San Diego) or it was so bad they thought better of saying anything. The pics are not as bad as it really was. Some of the pieces of my hair would not dye. So I had random chunks of blonde. Not pretty. So after buying a $20 bottle of shampoo to make sure I get all the metallic residue out I bleached it back to blonde after 4 days. Yes my hair is offically fried! It did look a lot better when I actually DID my hair. But still not to my liking.




















TRUNK OR TREAT

We had our Trunk or Treat this year on the 28th. Since I was frantically trying to finish carving pumpkins for our decorations I did not get into costume this year. I was pretty bummed about it because I love to dress up. But since Chad does not, I feel like I am an annoyance to him when I dress up, and I feel stupid cause he thinks it is stupid to dress up (so what does that make me?) so I think I'm about done. I did wear my red contacts and funky eyelashes though. People thought I was just being a vampire with the upcoming Twlight movie opening. The girls had fun and we gave out little squeaky ducks for the little spooks and mini beach balls to everyone else. Who really needs that extra candy?





Halloween
We had a great time going trick or treating this year. I think Savannah was especially excited because her friend Karianna and her family came with us. One of our neighbors projects the Scooby Doo Cartoons onto their garage on Halloween. The kids got their candy from them and plopped down on the driveway to watch. Too bad it was at the other end of the street and they had lots more to walk. Our little witch and tinkerbell enjoyed themselves. Tinkerbell was especially fond of her glow stick.




Kitchen Play Time


The girls got a play kitchen from Santa last year. Charlotte is now really enjoying it. She crawls into the playroom and pulls herself up to the little kitchen. She loves to pull all the food out and put it into the sink. When I saw her in there I had to take a picture because she has her foot in a pot while standing there. Too funny.

8 comments:

Chels said...

Wow! What a lot to post. Looks like the trip was fun. I can't wait for a kid-free trip in my life.
For some reason I thought Chad was as psyched as you about Halloween! Don't let him ruin your fun, dress up anyways when you feel like it!! I think the parents that dress up are "cool". Savy and Charlotte looked so cute in their costumes.

Kerrilyn said...

The vacay sounds fun!!! Gotta love a free trip!! The costumes are darling, and I don't think your hair looked bad. Glad to see you are back amongst the bloggers.

Jilly Bean said...

Your girls were so cute for Halloween. I never saw your brown hair. But you always look beautiful so it probably looked great.

Um, your trip and the cruise a while back look so fun! I tried to get Aaron to switch jobs so we could get sweet trips too!

Jilly Bean said...

PS The Fireproof movie is dang good.

HoopTroop said...

Thanks for all the info I was excited to hear how San Diego went. It is funny when I first saw your hair pic for a split second I thought you were chels. It is always fun to see what you would look like with a different hair color.

Mason clan 5 said...

Sea world was awesome, to bad we didn't see you there. I bet the midway was cool I really wanted to the stimulaters but they were to expensive. So I am jealous! Your girls look cute in the costumes, Makayla was a witch at that age too,and the next year too.

Amy said...

Such cute girls you have. Macie saw Charlotte's costume and said, "Hey I had that costume when I was a baby!" Maybe she just remembers it from the photo of her first Halloween. It was fun to see it again. It has really gotten a lot of good use.

Lucky you for another kid-less trip. I hope I get one of those sometime in my life.

Kim said...

Well, aren't you guys the world travelers! The kid-free breaks are so nice, aren't they. It doesn't mean we don't love them, it just means at times we have to run away!!!!!!!!!!!! The girls look adorable in their costumes!