Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Little bit of Summer Fun

We went up to Flagstaff the other weekend to get out of the heat. It was 98º at 10am when we left Phoenix. When we arrived in Flagstaff it was 78º. So much cooler and nicer. We really enjoyed the day just hanging out as a family. We went to the childrens museum up there but it didn't really seem too 'children' oriented. But we had a good time looking at Dinosaurs and such. We really enjoyed the smell of pine and the scent of the upcoming storm. It rained on us really hard while we had dinner. The temp dropped to 58º so we got to see if the heater, heated seats, defroster and all that jazz worked in the van. It was a nice day. But we had to come home again. It was a little scary driving home since it was it was downpouring and there was so much water on the freeway. But we arrived back in Phoenix around 7:30pm and it was still 101º. We enjoyed the cooler weather while it lasted.







Here are the girls in the tub. I know Savannah is getting a little big for tub pictures but since she and Charlie take tubs together I still needed to get those pics of her too.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Great pictures! Charlie has such a beautiful smile. I'm glad to hear you got to escape from the heat for a day. It has always been so interesting to me how different the weather in Flagstaff is than Phoenix. Once we drove through a white-out blizzard in Flagstaff on our way to a hot and sunny spring day in Phoenix.

Chels said...

Cute! I didn't know you were nicknaming Charlotte Charlie. I think it's a great girls name because of my sis. I took a pic of Hannah at age 4 with Dax in the tub. That of course will be the last one but I don't think it's wrong. My kids were making fishy faces and it was so cute. Getting just their faces was difficult.