Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pioneer Day

So I am almost a month late on posting. Things have been a little crazy here and I have just been a little lazy with the posting. In honor of Pioneer Day I took the girls and a few friends from the ward and we went to the Pioneer Museum here in Arizona. Wow, it was 110!! We were melting. I had no idea it was so big. We could see if from the freeway but didn't know there were so many buildings up there. The kids had fun but were really hot. They got to see how a nail was made at the blacksmith. They had fun with the 'water fountains' that were more like sprinklers. I went to see if the water was cold and it shot like 30 feet. It really helped the kids to cool down. Once we were cooked we took them to McD's for an ice cream cone. They do some shoot outs and such when it is cooler so we will have to head back in the winter when we don't melt. But a good way to honor those mighty pioneers that settled here in AZ. I am glad that I was not one of them at the time. I think I would have killed over without any A/C!!!




Some of the pics I just got into the mood of the old west and loved the old stuff. Sorry if you think they are dorky but I think they are cool. :)




The kids on the steps of the 'band stand'.









This is the nail that the blacksmith made for the kids!







I just loved this sign! Luckily we did not come across any.



So there is a little bit about our Pioneer Day!

2 comments:

beth said...

Those are cool pictures you took! You are so tough to go into that heat!!

Amy said...

Sounds like a cool place...okay, not cool, but you know what I mean. I like the picture of the chairs, very nostalgic.