Monday, March 19, 2012

Flying By

I can't believe how fast time is going by. Thatcher is already 6 weeks old, the girls are off for Spring Break, my school break will end tomorrow with my classes continuing and Chad will finally be on the same sleeping schedule as the rest of us. Wow, so much craziness since T was born. I am going to try to be better and update my blog better. Although, I have been horrible about taking pictures of the kids. I don't think I have taken any pictures since Thatcher was 2 weeks old. (Guess that is part of the 3rd child syndrome too right?)

Well Thatcher is now 9lbs and 22in. Crazy that Savannah was 21 1/2" when she was born. He is finally outgrown his newborn clothes but still swims in his 0-3m ones. He will sleep for 4-5 hrs on one stretch then go back to the 2 1/2 -3 hrs after that. He is a good eater but horrible burper! The girls I would put up on my shoulder and they would instantly belch. He holds his for F.O.R.E.V.E.R! Then he will finally burp later and up comes some yucky milk too. ewww. He is also a super duper pooper. I cannot believe how many diapers I have gone through. I swear he needs a clean diaper to poop in. It is insane. But he is so darn cute so that makes up for it. He did his first modeling gig last week for Banner Health Care. His "parents" on the set were 18 & 20, which was so crazy. I thought it was odd that they had him in an isolette with the billy lights on, then the "parents" were smiling off to the side. Personally if your baby was sick you would not be smiling on the side, you would have a look of concern. But whatever. I can't wait to see the ads that should come out in late spring. I will post a link to their site and just might have to go into a Banner Hospital so I can get some of the print ad too.

Charlotte is LOVING preschool and has the best teacher, Mrs Walters. She loves to do her homework and is evening reading! I cannot believe that she can read. She comes home with these little books and I am shocked that she can read. I am so proud of her. She had a little incident last week and got her hair cut a little at school by another student. Luckily it wasn't a lot and she had her sides up so when her hair is all the way down I will be able to hide it well. She loves being a big sister, but gets in her brothers face a little too much.

Savannah is loving the 2nd grade. She just finished up girl scout cookie selling season. She sold right around 250 boxes. I am so proud of her. She was quite the little sales girl. She loves girl scouts and wants to do cheerleading I told her I would look into it. After looking into it holy cow, its expensive. I convinced her to take a tumbling class from the community center for $25 instead of $70 a month for cheer. She is a big help with the baby and can't wait to be able to babysit for real. I have let her be "in charge" while I have run to Walmart givin Charlotte and Thatcher were both asleep. (although Chad was home just upstairs asleep)

I am finally almost recovered from all my slicing and dicing. There are still days that I wake up and am really sore so I must have overdone it the day before. I forget that I still can't do everything. I am happy to report that all baby weight is gone (it was 3 weeks ago) plus an additional 3 lbs. Now to work on that extra 20 that I gained the 6months before I had him. I think I will feel better when all my swelling is totally gone, then it will all be just the normal squishy instead of the weird sore/firmer swelling. I have started walking in the morning/afternoon so that should be helping. I think it didn't help with the girl scout cookie selling time a few weeks ago. :)

Chad left the bank last month and started at a new Hampton Inn across from Salt River Fields. He is the front desk manager and they are training him to be a G.M. Hoping that goes through quickly. He had been working the night audit shift the past 2 weeks cause they had to fire their other one, so it has been a little rough around here and we haven't seen him too much. But last night was his last one since they hired a new guy that started last night. Hoping he will be able to help out here a little bit more and be able to spend some time with us.

Now that its Spring Break, we are trying to figure out some fun things to do. With today being cold, we might just head to Peter Piper and do a day at Build a Bear. By the end of the week it should be nice and warm again so we are hoping to hit up a baseball game with my dad. I think everyone is looking forward to just being able to sleep in, I know I am.

Well next post I will try to have some pictures of our adventures.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW! You guys have been busy! Last we talked I don't think Chad had left his old job, so I missed out on that little news! We might be coming down in June, I'll keep you posted!

Chels said...

Great update-- blogging is hard to keep up with (kind of like journaling).

That's so fun that Thatcher is already making a name for himself in the business world! I bet he's the cutest model they've had under the billy lights!

Zeniff was pretty tough to burp too. There were so many nights that I gave up and just fell asleep with him on my chest.

Girl Scout cookies....we only ended up with one box this year. Too bad you don't live by us.

Hooray for losing weight quick! I hope you continue to recover quick too.

Good luck with Chad's new job!