This past week I was able to go to Sedona Tuesday - Friday with the Young Women in the ward. They were challenged at the beginning of the school year to read the Book of Mormon during the year. As a reward to those who finished we took them up to Sedona. A wonderful sister in the ward donated 5 2-room condo's from their timeshare at the Wyndham Resort!! It was WONDERFUL! On the way up there I had the laurels in my van. As they were channel surfing for some music I told them of the cd's I had in the changer. One of them was Les Miserables. One of the girls had read the book but not seen the play and none of the others had read/seen it. So the two of us got to give them a little synopsis of what was going on. It brought back memories from my first youth conference trip when we were listening to Les Mis on our way to Flaming Gorge and it was my first time hearing the play and my leader was telling us about it.
I had such a great time getting to know the girls a little better, and also some of our leaders as well. We had such great entertainment from the 'Ric' since the Bishop was unable to make it up the first night. But they came as Hoss and Slim. We did a cowboy dinner and they came with stories and songs and a great spiritual testimony meeting afterwards. We had fun on our little excursions and playing at the resort, plus the weather was gorgeous. I'm glad I had the opportunity to come and enjoy this time with the girls. I love my calling and all of the girls are amazing and have such a strong testimony making it all worth while.
Chad was wonderful and stayed behind as 'Mr. Mom' and entertained the girls. I don't think they went to bed until 11:30p every night but the house was clean and the girls were happy when I came home so I'm not complaining.
May 2018 Everyday Happenings
5 years ago



2 comments:
Thank you so much for taking the time to be with the girls. My daughter had a great time! We feel so blessed to have such wonderful YW leaders.
What a fun time for you!! That was a great reward for reading the BoM!
Post a Comment