Well I am up in Utah visiting my family. I thought it might be fun to have the girls be up here for the 24th to do real fireworks and enjoy cooler weather. Well since the new Oquirrih Mtn Temple is just around the corner from their houses, we got tickets to go to the open house. We went on Thursday. It was beautiful. Savannah thought it was pretty and she loved the mirrors in the sealing room that they went on forever. Charlotte loved all the pretty sparkling lights.
Later in the afternoon we went to the Jordan River temple to do family names. We brought my neice and nephew along with us to do baptisms. We did 9 women and 3 men. My brother John baptized them and my bro-in-law Trent was a witness. The rest of us; me, my mom, sis Stephanie, sis-in-law Melanie, got to go out to the font to watch. What made it so special was that my nephew got to baptize my grandfather, (moms dad), her grandfather, and her uncle. My neice also did a few of her aunts, and also others that went back farther than she remembered. It was really neat experience to be able to witness his baptism and confirmation. There was a great spirit there. I hope that he accepts the gosple and the baptism that was done for him on his behalf.
It makes me want to do more geneology on my moms side since it is just getting started by my sister.
I was glad I was able to have that experience.
May 2018 Everyday Happenings
5 years ago



1 comment:
What a great experience! I'm glad you were able to be up here for that.
I can hardly believe you have neices and nephews old enough to do baptisms. Time sure flies.
Post a Comment