Yeah, yeah I know I am a little late at jumping on the bandwagon here. I friend lent me her copy of the first two book like, 3 months ago. I have been a slacker and have not wanted to read them. Starting in July I instigated no TV in the house for a month. Well we have caved since Savannah just whines and draggs on and on about it. So I limited it to from 10a to 4p no TV. I am trying to stretch it to 5p. So in that time I thought I would have some quiet time too. It is a good thing these books are an easy read. I started Twilight on Friday and just finished Breaking Dawn earlier yesterday. I think I would have finished Breaking Dawn earlier, but it is so stinking long and had to be mom on the week-days. Plus my eyes were shot from already reading 1700 pgs before I even started it on Monday.
So I have come to the conclusion as to why so many women/girls are obsessed with Edward. I can see how they can be. It was kind of facinating to me to see how he treated Bella, and I think that is the reasoning behind it. It is not that he is supposed to so gorgeous that he is like a god, but that he would do anything for her. He would die for her if it was necessary to keep her safe. I also think that it is the way that he speaks (coming from when he was human in the early 1900s) and just the way they used to treat women in that time. Yes, there were still the jerks in that day as well, but it was marrying for true love and these men would truely look at women as the fairer sex. Chivalry was not dead. I think it was the womens rights movement that changed all that. Not that I don't like my right to vote or be able to have a job equal to a man, but some things are more fitting for men and vice versa.
I am not one for romance novels but I was intrigued by how much I enjoyed this one. The second book had to be my favorite. I could relate to the way Bella felt. It was like Stephanie Meyer was writing exactlty the way I have felt in my life although I never could have put it that way. It was also like I was reliving the pain I had felt while reading Bella struggle with her 'other half' being away.
I was also intrigued by the whole mythical creatures. It was interesting how she described their lifestyles and such. That is one good perk that helped keep me going through the books. She did a fantastic job with their physical relationship that I would have not seen it that way. It was great.
So if there are any of you out there that have not read it yet, (I think I might have been on the only one left), I do encourage you to read it. They are quick reads, but then again I am a pretty quick reader. Chad can't believe that I read 2500pg in four days. Guess I knocked out my summer reading in one weekend.
Anyone have any other recommendations??
May 2018 Everyday Happenings
5 years ago



2 comments:
Yup, try Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. There's five of them, and they are way easy reads, but really enjoyable! Stephenie Meyer recommended them some time ago on her blog.
We miss you guys too! I can't believe a month has already passed since we moved, summer makes everything fly by!
Stephenie Meyer also wrote The Host and I liked that more than Twilight! I plan on reading again this fall.
Glad you liked Twilight!
Post a Comment