Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We are still alive

So I realize I have not posted in a LONG time. We are still plugging away. I still don't have a computer yet, so that is why the delay. When I download pics I will more detailed updates. Since my last post we have had a few fun things.

Chad got braces, yet again. I'd have to say he is 17 Again. We buckled down for 18 months so we don't have to do major jaw surgery 5-10 yrs down the road. When he had braces for 7 years the first go around, he had a tooth die and so it has caused his other teeth to move in and caused bone loss in his jaw. So by moving them all back now, putting in an implant it will allow the jaw to repair itself. AND... his dumb mouth was the cause of his headaches for years. GO figure.

I got to go on a girls weekend trip to CA. WE headed to Disneyland (with no kiddos), shopping, movies, and just hanging out with good friends. I had a blast. Thanks so much ladies for thinking of me and bringing me along.

Savannah graduated from Preschool. It was so much fun to see her with her teacher. She sure does miss Miss Holly. It was exciting that she has reached that milestone. She is SO excited to start Kindergarten in August. ALthough I keep threatening that she will not go, because she keeps throwing HUGE temper tantrums. Ahhhh!!!

Savannah turned 5 on May 15th and celebrated her birthday in Disneyland! Since we have our passes she was able to get a $60 gift card for her birthday. We told her that was her present and she got to pick out anything she wanted. She got sunglasses, a princess book, a keychain (because she has SO many keys), and an Ariel shirt. Plus she still has money left over for next time. We also gave her an awesome SLeeping Beauty dress (thanks Raschell) the morning of to wear over there. I did her hair all fancy and put in a little comb crown. She was in heaven. They have a new Celebrate Parade and she got picked out of the crowd to dance a bit in the parade. It was lots of fun.

We also had some visitors the end of May. My good friend, Andrea, from BYU-H came to visit with her youngest Ellyit. We had fun hanging out and taking the kids to the zoo. Her little girl is just a few months younger than Charlotte and they had fun playing together. Unfortunately Charlotte must have got a bug from nursery because she got a little bit of the runs then she gave it to Ellyit but she got it more as a stomach bug. I felt so bad. Chad was awesome and helped clean up puke throughout the weekend. I hope they had fun although we didn't do a ton it was fun just hanging out with old friends.

We have also started to do some fun summer stuff indoors. We were off to the Stuffington Bear Factory to see how they make bears and were able to make our own teddy bears. We also went to the Cerreta Candy company and had a tour of the factory. The girls got to make a chocolate pizza as well.

I have been doing lots of mystery shopping lately and doing the Anthem Outlets. I will be starting them AGAIN in July. It is a nice payday, but oh so time consuming with the work orders. I will also be heading over to LA next week to do home shops. I'll take what I can get.

Right now we are enjoying our lower than normal temps and trying to get through the summer. Chad is busting his tushey, so that he can make his goal for the quarter and get our bonus, and hit the premium mark so we can go to New York in October. We really want to go to New York since neither of us have been there, plus to add icing to the cake, we won't have to pay for it! Hopefully that will happen. WE have until mid August to qualify.

I noticed I haven't said too much about Charlotte. She is a crazy climbing monkey. She climbs everything! She also have my high pitch schrill that I had as a kid. She makes the silliest faces and will tell everyone they are naughty. Can you guess what she gets told a lot? She loves Daddy and whenever she says it she has to yell it. She gives the best little bear hugs too. SHe and Savannah have been into babies and polly pockets. They are FINALLY starting to play together pretty well. Charlotte is a lot like Dorey from Finding Nemo. Remember in the movie 'Oh look something shiney. SOmething shiney?? WHere??' That is totally Charlotte. She is so easily distracted. If she is getting into something she shouldn't be or just in our face, we will ask her where her baby is. THen she is 'Baby?' and off she goes to find it.

I will try to upload pics soon, and get it all in a sideshow or something. I have just been a huge slacker. I know. That is our life in a nutshell.

5 comments:

Amy said...

sounds like you have been busy having some fun... Lucky you got a girls trip. I could use of those:)

beth said...

Wow- It's hard to believe Savannah is 5 and your kids are growing up! That really stinks about Chad and his jaw but at least it will make things better!!
I think we need a Girls weekend too and we can come visit you in AZ. I almost went down there with my sister but it was super last minute and then she canceled anyway. I forget you don't have a computer - I'll just have to call you so we can talk instead of online.

Andrea said...

Of course we had fun! Glad to see you are still alive, I was starting to wonder!
And I highly recommend reading the book I blogged about!

Chels said...

I was just thinking about you this morning!!
Sounds like some fun times you've been having.
I really like your Dory comparison to Charlotte! Funny!

HoopTroop said...

Oh so good to hear from you. I think about you guys constantly. I really mean to call but I have to wait until after nine and with the way Jameson sleeps I am pretty dead to the world by that time. Oh I so need a girls weekend. Billy is in Escalante camping with the YM having fun so I am 24/7 single mom for a bit. Wow it is really different. We love you bunches and it sounds like the girls are keeping you on your toes.