On the 27th Chad and I celebrated our seventh anniversary. When I think of everything that has happened in the last seven years, it sure feels like a long longer. We got a babysitter and were off to dinner. We actually went to the same place as last year, Firebirds, but this year we had to pay. Last year it was the Aflac end of year party so Chad's boss paid for our Anniversary dinner which was nice. We had a very enjoyable dinner and Chad gave me my anniversary gift. Chad had given me a pair of diamond earrings the day we got engaged. Later I found out they were 'regifted'. :) He had given them to another girl then she gave them back to him when they broke up. I was okay with it for the most part. I had taken them out a while back to put pearls in and not had them in. Well Chad took them and traded them up for my own pair. I have no idea how big the first ones were, but he upgraded them to 1 carat princess cut studs. I was totally surprised. He said after all we had been through that I deserved to have my own pair. (Plus being after Christmas and end of year they gave him a killer deal). I LOVE them, of course. I gave him his card at dinner and also 8 pennies. 2001-2008 (2001 was only the year we got married though) and I little something to remember each of those years that we celebrated together. THe 7th anniversary is wool/copper as gifts. We try to stick with the tradition of things. After dinner it was a bit early still and we knew that Savannah would probably still be awake so we decided to go to Dave & Busters to play a few games so that the kids would be asleep when we got home. Hey if we are going to pay for a babysitter we want them to be in bed sleeping when we get home.
Anyway, when we got home Chad brought the babysitter home so I could get 'into' is gift. I also gave him a new laptop bag for his new computer. I think he really enjoyed it. I can't believe we made it to year seven. Wow. I am so grateful for Chad and all that he has done for me. He has helped my testimony in the gospel to grow, and we have had many tears of joy and also sorrow. I wouldn't change anything that has happened and am glad that we are forever for all eternity. Love you babe!
May 2018 Everyday Happenings
5 years ago



4 comments:
Congrats on seven years!
You guys are awesome.
I'm so glad you had such a great anniversary. That is cool to keep in the tradition with the gifts each year. Happy Anniversary!
CONGRATS! Looks like you two are doing good and I'm glad you had a nice anniversary.
Crazy how time flies, we are hitting 8 in just 3 months. NUTS!!! Glad you had a fun night!
Post a Comment