Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Girl Scouts

Troop 1460 at their first meeting at the beginning of the year

I think a few people got extra sick of me posting things about girl scout cookies on Facebook, so I think I will come back to my blog to write things. Then it isn't jamming up peoples main feed there.

Savannah officially sold her last box of cookies today. Chad took the remaining 8 with him to the orthodontist and they bought them all. Hooray! She sold a total of 237. She really wanted to get to 250 to get the next prize but oh well. Maybe I should be a good mom and buy another 13 boxes to hit it, but I don't need the extra dimples and my waist line is getting thicker from the 10 I already bought.

Girl Scouts have all sorts of prizes they get from selling cookies. So she earned, a cookie patch for her vest, a bandana, a kangaroo stuffed animal (they do a different one each year), a little clutch type purse, a tee shirt and a reusable grocery type bag to deliver cookies in. The next prize she wanted was a journal set. I am okay with her not getting it since she already has 3 different journals.

Two weeks ago her troop had a daddy daughter dance. A few of the mom's pitched it to get two limos so the girls could ride in style there. She was so excited and the limo was a surprise to the girls. They had a great time. They had a dance contest with the dad's and they would get tapped out. Well Chad made it to the final 3, then they brought the girls to dance with them. Chad started to swing dance with Savannah and they were crowned King and Princess of the Night. They did a victory dance to 'Butterfly Kisses', which Chad said was hard to not get emotional dancing too. They also got free pictures too. (I don't have them back yet).

Then they did a raffle. The tickets were $.50 a piece so Chad bought 10. There were 7 baskets to be won. They won 2 of them! One had a variety of past years cookie prizes and the other was a love sort of one, with chocolates, candles, etc.

With her Bestie Alexis


Savannah thought it was the best night EVER! I think for her it was too.

2 comments:

Chels said...

I just had some Samoans today-- yum!!
You bought 101 boxes???!! ☺
Make some Girl Scout Cookies homemade ice cream!

Kristine said...

Nope only 10. There was an I right after so it looks like 101. Sadly the cookies I bought are almost all gone. Charlotte is addicted.