Charlotte is finally two!! Since our budget is to tight it squeaks I had to get creative. I wanted to throw her a little party with family and a few of our friends. This way she can get the whole party thing without me having to buy oodles of presents although I did already have stuff for her that I bought in September. Savannah helped me come up with the idea of a 'Winter Wonderland' party. Savannah's original idea was a snow fairy party but that required more $$ I thought. So I went to town with making snowflakes. My sis in law Anna showed me how to make the coolest 3D snowflakes. A lot less messy that the normal original ones I did. We even won a can of the spray snow at a gingerbread house contest so I used it on the windows out front. We also incorporated snowmen into our theme. Charlie loves snowmen so it was perfect!! (I forgot to take a pic of the snowman ornaments I gave out to kiddos, I'll post later)

Charlotte was not too sure about her cake. I decided that I am always going to do cupcakes for birthdays. Then have the special little birthday cake for the Happy Birthday person. Then they feel special and I don't have a huge pan of cake left over. With the help of her cousin she did finally get her candles blown out and stopped trying to grab them. Even though she had already had a cupcake she still wanted to dig in.
These are all the cupcakes I made for the party. I even found stuffed in my cupboard some snowflake cupcake wrappers. I sat and pipped all these cookies the night before. All the kids got to take home 2 cookies as their goodie bag. Two because she is 2 after all. They were yummy cookies and I got the recipe from my friend Debbie. I think I will have to make them again.
Of course this was what our winter wonderland looked like in our house. We will have all the snowflakes hanging up. Chad asked if we can just leave them up through January. When the heat kicks on they start blowing so we feel like its snowing.
This is 'Super Charlie'!!! My friend Aimee with her awesome talent made her this costume set for her. She looks so cute in it. She runs around the house going 'Da...Da...Da.. DA' with her little arm up in the air. If you want one she will custom make one with different logos (which she designs herself) for ya. I believe they are like $25. She does not buy the cheapo stuff, always the best. I had other pics of her opening gifts and I thought I loaded them but apparently not. It takes too long to load and I am already so far behind. We gave her a sit n spin and some little FP clip dolls. I am glad that I had got 2 because Savannah was good at 'breaking in' all Charlottes toys. She also got a pony, barbie, princess stuff, these fun bath butterflies that she plays with all over the house and some clothes. She was soo funny opening too that she had to get every piece of paper off the package before she would see what it was.

I made these little 'take home cans' for the kids to put their cookies in. We wrapped them in snowflake paper and they got to decorate them with making their own snowman. It was a lot of fun and kept the kids occupied.
When the party was over and we all had our naps, we had another party to go to. Our friend Sophie had her party on the same day. The girls were on the teeter todder together and it was so cute. Then Savannah got on the other side and bucked Charlotte off. She landed on her head. So she fell asleep pretty early into the party. Lots of fun but a little cold. Glad I had my little sleeping heater in my lap.
5 comments:
I am glad I have friends who are so creative. If you could only share the creativity with me that would be great. I do have to say the girls are so cute but it looks really warm there. Loves
What fun birthday! Your snowflakes look fantastic! And your pink snowflake cookies were beautiful.
Happy birthday, Charlotte!
What a fun looking party and all your decor and treats look fabulous! I could never decorate cookies that good! You did great on a practically nothing budget! The cans for the cookies was a great idea too! Does your friend have an online blog with her capes? I have a post for January with lots of links to dress-up capes! You need to post instructions for the snowflakes and your friend's cookie recipe....please! ☺
One more thing... Happy Happy Birthday sweet and cute Charlotte! Fun pics of her special day!
Happy Birthday to a beautiful little darling!
..Kristine, your cookies are beautiful and I love that it feels like it is snowing when the heat kicks on... though I thought maybe you'd still be blowing A.C. down there :)
Post a Comment