Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Catching UP

So it has been way to long since my last post. I meant to catch up right as I got home from Texas but the power supply and video card went out while I was away so it was a while before I had a computer again to update you all. Sorry for my laziness.


The girls and I arrived home safely from Texas. We had a great time and so did Steph and Trent while they were in China. The had some amazing experiences and Steph can't wait to go back. She brought me home a beautiful string of black pearls as a thank you. (If anyone is interested in fresh water pearls we are thinking about starting up a business so let me know.) We arrived home and Daddy had a big balloon for Savannah at the airport. She was so excited to see Daddy.










A Big HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY to SAVANNAH!! Her birthday was May 15 and we were in Texas to celebrate. I took all 7 kids to Chuck E Cheese for an evening of fun. They all had a good time. But people were counting kids as I came into the restaurant. Savannah did have a princess party with her friends that Saturday after we got home. She had lots of fun. I should have made a post all to her but I have been a slacker.










When we were home she got her big 4 year old present. A Big Girl Bike!! She was so excited. We met up with her best bud Semanee and they rode bikes on the tennis court. Great for two little girls trying to get the hang of riding a bike. Although then we went up to the little park and there was slight hill. Instead of pushing back on the pedal to use the brakes she just jumped off. It is a good thing she had on a helmet. Live and learn I guess.





















We spent Memorial Day together and went to were else??? ... the zoo. It was a beautiful day to go there too. It was about 75 degrees with a light breeze. We had a lot of fun.
















Then on Tuesday the 27th of May I got my Mothers Day gift for the rest of my life (or well maybe the next 4 years). Chad came home with a new car. He bought me a 2008 Honda Odyssey. As much as I hate mini vans I love this car. Savannah always says, " I love our big car mom!" I think she loves the flat tv the most. Charlotte does not like it as much since it is more of a smooth ride so she doesn't get the bumpity-bumps while we drive.










Our next adventure was swimming lessons. Savannah started swim lessons last week. I thought for sure I would have a repeat of last year with the screaming and crying. But she really exceeded my expectations. She was great. She listened to everything the teachers told her. She had her "magic goggles" so she could swim. She kept her face in the water while she swam and jumped off the diving board no problems from the start by herself. She is a little fish now.



Our last adventure Savannah was looking forward to for weeks. The Stakes Annual Princess Ball. She was so excited to go to the Ball with her Prince aka Daddy. I asked Savannah if I could come sneak into the Ball. She told me they would throw me in the dungeon if I came. Chad left in the morning to get his hair cut. He told Savannah he had to get his hair cut for the ball. So I was on the computer looking up a flower shop and Savannah comes in to say "Mom don't I look beautiful?" I glanced up thinking she had makeup on and said yes of course you do. Then she started pulling her hair out to the sides. My reaction soon changed dramatically. She had cut her hair!! I about lost it. So we had to do some serious damage controll. All my thinking of having her hair be long and beautiful for the Ball were washed down the drain. I fixed it as best I could and will have to wait for it to grow out a bit so a pro can fix it and not make it above her ears. Anyway, back to the Ball. Chad decided to wear his tux and we got her a little corsague. She was so happy. They even took pictures like at Prom. She got to dance and make a frame to put their picture in. While there they met up with Chads brother Todd and his girls. The were nice enough to call the moms after and invite us to dinner at the Olive Garden. We had a lot of fun.























In a nut shell that has been our adventures as of late. We are planning on heading up to Montana the end of the month and through the 4th to visit family. Savannah thinks we are going to 'Hannah Montana' and is so excited. We are looking forward to a break in the heat and a cool 75-80 would be nice.

5 comments:

Kerrilyn said...

Wow, I am glad you are still alive, I was beginning to wonder. I love the ball story and the picture of her with her cut messy hair is the best ever. I am glad it all worked out in the end and the picture of her and Chad is adorable.
Glad you made it out of Texas with all of your sanity.

beth said...

Hey Congrats on the mini van! I'm glad you like it. Savannah grew up since the last time you posted pictures. She is looking more and more like your side of the family all the time. I hope you do come out in August. If you go to the reunion, I'll go with you.

Mike said...

Sweet wheels! I never thought I'd be jealous of a mini van driver....but never say never. I wish I had your ride!

Heidi said...

Hey Kristine, Looks like a lot of excitement around there. I love kids and the crazy things they do. We had one cut his hair recently. Thank goodness he is a boy so we just cut it really short. But it was sad b/c he had been growing it out. Well it was fun to hear from you. I am loving catching up with old friends. Hopefully we can see you this summer. Where in Montana are you going? We are not too far from there. Sorry for the long message. Take care and have a great summer.

Anonymous said...

I'd Kill Skyler if she cut her own hair. I have been lucky enough so far that she has only cut one little part in the back that was covered by the rest! Anyway, looks like you had lots of fun.